Friday, July 30, 2010

Offshore Fishing with James @ Changi Sea

It was a sunny and great day for offshore fishing yesterday... I woke up at 0700hrs, slightly overslept, as my friends & I are suppose to meet at Punggol Marina @ 0800hrs for the sailing.


James's Boat

We started the morning slow and boring... The first 2 spots we went i didn't even have a single bite though my friends were grumbling that they missed striking the fish. BUT the waiting is definitely worth it~ I felt a small bite and immediately strike my rod. To my surprise, my newly purchased rod (which i bought it 1 day before our trip) bent into a 'C' Shape and 3/4 of the line went all the way out.

My Newly Purhased Limited Edition Salty Fighter with my Daiwa Procaster 3000X Reel

It was a tough fight. Surprisingly & unbelievable that we manage to capture the 12kg+ Stingray in about 45mins on my 30 pounds reel line & 10 pounds end line.


The Big, Fat 12kg+ Stingray

Though we didn't manage to catch lots of fishes (2 small stingray, 1 Dory fish & 1 Big Stingray), i ended my trip with fulfillment. This is the 1st time i had such a great fight.

Summary: Unsatisfied with the sunburnt & Aching body. Satisfied with the battling.

No comments:

Post a Comment